[BlueOnyx:17993] BlueOnyx 5209 initial login
Tom
2015-07-10 18:43:51 UTC
I have installed the new BlueOnyx 5209 DVD 2 full times now and run into
the same exact problem. After installation, I followed the directions and
accessed the server through a web browser. It comes up to the login screen
and asks for a username and password. Nothing works. Is there a default
password for admin to login to the GUI to complete the setup?
Thanks
Tom
Tom
2015-07-10 18:56:56 UTC
Post by Tom
I have installed the new BlueOnyx 5209 DVD 2 full times now and run into
the same exact problem. After installation, I followed the directions and
accessed the server through a web browser. It comes up to the login screen
and asks for a username and password. Nothing works. Is there a default
password for admin to login to the GUI to complete the setup?
Thanks
Tom
I also logged in via shell and it appears there is no admin user ever
created. The only login from the shell is root/blueonyx and it gives full
root access.
Thanks
Tom
Tom
2015-07-10 20:31:29 UTC
Hi Michael,
http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/ISO/BlueOnyx-5209R-
CentOS-7.1-BETA-20150701.iso
Even if you downloaded it already on 1st July, it got fixed again on 2nd
July and is good to go now.
BlueOnyx *needs* the EXT4 filesystem (or EXT3). But EL7 defaults to XFS
instead. Our kickstart specifically tells the Anaconda CD installer: Use
EXT4 and not XFS.
I downloaded the ISO today about 4 hours ago from
http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/ISO/BlueOnyx-5209R-CentOS-7.1-BETA-
20150701.iso. Then I downloaded and burned it again 1 hour ago. Same exact
issue happens. Finishes install, reboots, log in ad root with blueonyx as
password, setup network, go to GUI and it brings to the login screen and no
login works.
Thanks
Tom
Tom
2015-07-10 21:35:34 UTC
Hi Michael,
Dang.
I'm *really* optimistic that the 2nd boot option "Single Disk, no LVM"
should work 100% of the time. Provided your disk is not much smaller
than 30 GB.
That did the trick. The second boot option completed and I was able to go
to the GUI and finish the setup.
As always thank you very much for your help.
Tom